Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What To Do?

Big Lots is one of my favorite places to shop.  You truly never know what you are going to find.  I found this box of broth for fifty cents!  I have a thai basil chicken recipe that I think this would be perfect for.  However, like gumbo, I only make it a couple of times a year because it is ingredient heavy, well more spice heavy and a tad labor intensive. And the richness (coconut milk)!!!  It is worth every minute in the kitchen. I am going to try using it this weekend in case I like it so I can go scoop up a couple more for the low low price of fifty freaking cents!!

2 comments:

Ginae said...

um, yeah i'm gonna need you to gone and send me a cup of that gumbo when you finish k? lol...yummy...

i totally agree about Big Lots. you really just never know watcha gonna find there...

Tarsha! said...

Ginae: I have found some awesome items in that joint! For super cheap! I always check the expiration date though! LOL just in case.

My gumbo is labor intensive! LOL...but really deliscious now. I remember when I first made it it was a hot mess. That was years ago and I now have a tried and true recipe!