I have a co-worker from Louisiana. Her family has a blueberry patch (is it called a patch?). Every season, she and her husband and the rest of the family visit to pick blueberries; it’s sort of a fun, family tradition. She always brings me several pounds that are supposed to last me until the following year...that never seems to happen! One of the reasons are these oh so good muffins. We recently had them for New Year’s Day brunch. Not only did they not last I made more the next morning! I always use this recipe to make six jumbo muffins but this could easily make twelve regular sized. Slather on a pat of butter hot out of the oven....swoon!
A note: I never make the crumble listed on the original recipe! I can't imagine them being any better with it! Enjoy
What you will need:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease (I use pam with flour) muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl, set aside.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and milk. Mix this with flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done