Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Food Randoms


That is a picture of all the recipes I wanted to test.  That number has tripled since last summer when this pic as taken

I now have them in a box.  I'm too ashamed to show my recipe work space...atrocious!

I took three days off this week for Babe's spring break.  We have been uber busy so I haven't had much time to cook more than the basic stuff we eat during the week. 

We eat a lot of seafood during the week.

E went to Galveston last weekend...shrimp catfish and tilapia baby!  You can soooo tell the taste difference from purchasing it at the grocery store.  It tastes so fresh.

E is listening to me.  He said he asked the fishmonger when the fish was caught so he could get the freshest possible for me. *smile*

Coming up on the blog: buttermilk brined chops, chocolate cappacino pudding, halibut packets and grilled ciabatta sandwiches. Oh and pumpkin bread.

E and Babe LOVE pumpkin bread

We have been straight slipping on our Meatless Mondays.  We start up again this coming week.
 
I'm country so fried cabbage and cornbread will definitely be in the rotation as a full meal! LOL

I have some collards I want to sautee...

I used to buy greens for my aunt or mama (read: someone else) to cook.  I can not make a decent pot of greens.  So I don't try that often.  Everyone elses always taste better.

When my mom visits she will make me a pot so I can freeze and have tthem throughout the year. Sigh...I love when she visits, she gets it in in the kitchen.

Let me call L Beezy up (that's her rap name!...LMAO!)

I had a very intense craving for cheeseburger macaroni on Wednesday.  It was soooo good.

E is smoking a salmon for me this weekend so I can test a recipe or two.  He can smoke the heck out of food.  I am sure he will place some chickens on there to so he can get some smoked chicken salad out of it....he ain't slick!

When E and I first moved in together he did all of the cooking.  I could only make a handful of dishes.  That is so funny now because I puts it downT in the kitchen now! LOL

No comments: