Monday, March 1, 2010

Homemade Chorizo Filing


 

 
*Long Siiiiiiiigh* Cheese and Meat? Meat and Cheese? Yes please!

 
I have subscribed to Cuisine At Home for several years now.  Look them up, they are hot in the streets.  I love this cooking mag because they show technique (sounds like I have written this before...)...I heart them.  They will get my money for as long as they are in business!

 
The sausage that is in this delicious cheesy sandwich was made from their recipe.  Easy breezy baby!  Seriously...I placed some in an omelet for E, added it to some risotto I made over the weekend and ate it straight out of the container...so darn good. I love quesadillas because you can fill them with anything add cheese and it is a meal.  I added grilled peppers, pepper jack cheese, spinach and garlic.  For a lower fat version, I am definitely gonna try it on ground chicken and turkey.

 
Happy Cooking!

 

 

 

 
Mexican Chorizo Filling
http://www.cuisineathome.com/

 
What You Need:
  • 2 tsp EACH, chili powder and minced garlic
  • 1 tsp EACH cumin, coriander, salt, brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp EACH ground cinnamon and ground clove
  • 1 lb ground pork
  • 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • Enough olive oil to fry the pork (cook it like you would ground beef)
What To Do:
  • In a large bowl combine all ingredients except pork and vinegar.
  • Add pork and vinegar. Mix until combined
  • Cook sausage mixture in oil over medium heat until browned, about 8-10 minutes.
  • Drain on paper towel and enjoy!

No comments: