Monday, February 7, 2011

Stephanie's Pasta Soup


 
It's cold again!!!!!! That means I get to make soup!

 
My girlfriend, Stephanie, doesn't cook. That's an important fact.

Well last month she hosted a dinner party at her beautiful home. When I tell you she did the doggone thang in the kitchen! She did that! The lasagna, the bruschetta, the salad....everything was delicious.  One of the dishes she made was Pasta Fagioli Soup (without Fagioli). Everybody kept going back for more. I couldn't get enough of that soup. It was spicy and filling and just plain old good! Traditional fagioli soup has beans(fagioli) but she omitted them. The vegetables and beef and pasta more than made up for the missing beans! This soup was very filling...the kicker? All made in the crockpot...FTW!!!  I scaled it down because I was hoping no one in my house liked it but me! #Greedy

 
Note that this is a soup recipe so you can adjust the flavors and liquids and vegetables to your liking.

 
Stephanie's Pasta Soup

 
What you need:
  • 1/2 pound ground beef (or turkey)
  • 1 small onion, rough chopped
  • 3 carrots, rough chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, rough chopped
  • 4 whole garlic cloves
  • 1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 2 cups beef stock (or vegetable stock or chicken stock)
  • Tbsp oregano
  • 2 tsp pepper
  • 3 tsp parsley (I used fresh)
  • 1 tsp Tabasco sauce (I used the green kind cause that's what I had on hand)
  • 1 cup spaghetti sauce
  • 4-6 ounces uncooked pasta (elbow macaroni, shells, etc)

 What to do:
  • Brown ground beef. Drain fat from beef.
  • Add beef along with the other ingredients, EXCEPT the pasta, to the crock pot
  • Stir the ingredients to incorporate
  • Cook on low 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours
  • During the last 30 minutes on high or 1 hour on low, add the uncooked pasta, stir to incorporate
  • Continue to cook until pasta is cooked

 
Cook.Eat.Repeat.

 

6 comments:

Tamar said...

I don't usually like soup. This looks very hearty and worth a shot.

Thanks for sharing!

BTW I will be trying to make scones soon! Yours look yummy.

Tarsha! said...

Tamar those scones were wonderful!

That soup hit the spot and tasted even better the next day!

The Broke Socialite said...

Oh, this sounds delicious! *files away for a cold day this week*

chele said...

I'm stealing this recipe. I love anything I can do in the crockpot.

Unknown said...

HOTT DAMN!! Whoever introduced you to that soup did the darn thing didn't they? LOL!

K. Rock said...

OK. Yeah. I am definitely going to be making this one.