Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Food Randoms


Am I the only one that avoids reading labels of stuff I REALLY like so the lack of ingredients won’t stop me from drinking/eating it? I mean what the heck is “tea essence” *throws faux tea in the trash*


WuDaMan reminded me on ‘The Twittah’ that I hadn’t used a hickory smoked salt I purchased a while ago; getting on that this weekend. I’m going to marinate some chicken with it along with some olive oil, pepper and a little bit of fresh garlic; then smoke it over some hickory wood…chile please!


I have a catering gig in August that I am prepping for. I can barely contain the level of excitement this is bringing me. #TotallyStokedDude


This dark chocolate ice cream I will be churning this weekend is going to be so good I may have to hide it from the ice cream bandits

As much as I LOVE eating out, B will forgo a restaurant meal if I will cook for her. That is super funny to me.

B is proud that she has not eaten at Mc.Donalds in well over a year. Their pink ‘meat’ sufficiently grossed her out.

We will never give up Chik.Fila though. I don’t care what color their meat turns out to be.


I am revisiting my house party ideas. I'd written some themes a couple of years ago...time to put them into action. A tasting a quarter sounds good


Group.On and Living.Social gon have me eating all over the city with their delightful deals for the low!


With the exception of one or two people, I did not have real friends until I was in my late 20s early 30s. I have THE BEST people in my life right now. The support and encouragement they give me is just amazing. My constant prayer is that I am as good to them as they are to me.

My family? Goes hard in the paint.

Ever since B found out her pen pal goes on birthday vacations she has been lobbying hard for one this year. Momma is gonna try making NYC in October a reality for her. She said she would skip a party and no gifts for a few days in NYC. We even have a tour guide already!

What are y’all having for dinner tonight? Going out to eat? Where?


Have a wonderful weekend

3 comments:

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

Ever since I had my son I read labels out of habit..but YES I do avoid sometimes if I really, REALLY want something *hangs head in shame* lol

I am so excited for the catering gig! You know I'm going to need a post of food pics, right?

I can totally leave McD's..bleh, but that strawberry lemonade? Chile.. I can't tell you enough how much I love me some chic.fila!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm done with McD's with the exception of my sweet tea. #addicted

All the best with that catering gig. I can't wait to hear about it and see pics.

Groupon, Living Social, Buy with Me, Bloomspot, Saveology, KGB deals, Gaggle of Chicks and every other one of those damn sites are gonna KEEP ME BROKE! *lol*

Ninah said...

NYC is sooo pretty in the Fall! Hope your plans to go work out : )