Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Food Photo Purge - No Recipe Fritatta




I like crustless quiches...that's why I love a fritatta! Fritatta's, like quiches, can be filled with nearly anything: meats, vegetables, cheeses, anything! Fritattas are a great dish to serve a crowd!



Over the holiday break I made this one on a whim.  I wanted eggs with some substance!  So I sauteed mushrooms, red onions, garlic and herbs in a little olive oil until caramelized (add the mushrooms last as they will cook down quickly). Whisked together about 10-12 eggs with some heavy cream and pepper (add salt if you like) and maybe 1/4 cup of cheese. Sprayed my cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray, add the vegetables, then the egg mixture and topped it with cheese.  I placed the skillet in a pre-heated 375 degree oven and cooked until a toothpick inserted in the middle came out clean, about 15 minutes. Viola...eggs with some backbone! LOL


Cook. Eat.Repeat.

2 comments:

chele said...

Looks delish! I don't have an oven safe skillet but it's going on my wishlist this year.

Sha Boogie said...

*DROOL*!!! My goodness that looks SO good.