Saturday, July 24, 2010

Passion Fruit Sorbet



Remember how I gushed about this new restaurant I tried last week?  See here...well the food was so delicious I couldn't wait to try my hand at replicating it.  The first item I made, because it was just too simple, was the last item I ate...Passion Fruit Sorbet. *swoon*

 
I thought I would have a difficult time finding passion fruit pulp but it was in the freezer section with the Mexican foods at my local grocer; didn't have to trek to a specialty store! Ha-Zaaa! I purchased two packages because, well, I drink and anything mixed with passion fruit can't be too bad right??  Really easy recipe that packs lots of refreshing flavor.  This sorbet could also be used as a palate cleanser if you are ever so inclined to host a fancy dinner with several courses! Enjoy!




 
Passion Fruit Sorbet

 
What you need:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups water
  • Juice from one lemon, about 1 Tbsp
  • 1 cup passion fruit puree, defrosted

 
What to do:
  • In a small boiler, combine sugar and water.
  • Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
  • After the mixture cools, stir in passion fruit puree and the lemon juice
  • Transfer the mixture to an ice cream or sorbet maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
  • Store in freezer in an airtight plastic container.

 
Cook. Eat. Repeat!

No comments: