Thursday, September 1, 2011

Orange Glazed Salmon



So I already have an orange salmon recipe and it is delicious. However, since I am on this cook new stuff kick and I Stan for Cuis.ine At Ho.me, I tried this one.


It was just soooooooo good and worth the one or two extra steps it took to cook it. The fact that it was just as easy as my go to orange salmon is just a plus!



I used regular old orange marmalade (I found one that had orange peels in it....so good) as I didn't find, nor search that hard, for Seville orange marmalade as the original recipe called for. I also added an additional teaspoon of brown sugar because the my Cajun mix would have been too spicy for Babe's tastes. I also added the juice of an entire lime and about a tablespoon more of the marmalade because I wanted more sauce to drizzle over salad greens.



Orange Glazed Salmon
Adapted from Cuisine at Home

What You Need:
  • 2 Tbs Cajun spice
  • 2 tsp brown sugar
  • 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets (6oz. each)
  • 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs orange marmalade Juice of one lime

What To Do:
  • Combine Cajun spice and sugar in a small bowl
  • Rub the spice mixture over all surfaces of fillets
  • Saute fillets in oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat for 3-4 min per side. Carefully remove salmon to a plate
  • Place marmalade and lime in the skillet until melted. Swirl to prevent burning
  • Carefully place salmon back into the pan and spoon glaze all over fish.
  • The salmon is done when it begins to flake when tested with a fork.


3 comments:

chele said...

This looks so good!

Tarsha R said...

It was very delicious

Arr said...

This looks delicious. I assume it will work just as well with chicken. This is a perfect low carb meal.