Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Beginning To Look...


A lot like Christmas…

OK. Not really. I mean we are still in summer wear around this piece.

However, in the midst of everything I have going on I am thinking about Christmas: the color scheme I want to use, gift wrapping, gifts to purchase, mantle display, Oh I get to buy NEW trees this year!!!!

Um, don’t judge me OK? No Seriously….Stop it! LOLOL


I LOVE Christmas. Every year I have to talk myself out of putting my trees up November 1st Thanksgiving evening. #TrueStory.

This year I will have two big trees and fewer smaller ones on display. The main tree in the formal living I want it to look more traditional, similar to this:

The one in the family room more whimsical, like this:






I also know my kid is going to want her usual one in her room but she hasn’t decided on colors.


I also want to make some of these:


And this:


All my gift wrapping will be done in Kraft paper. I am teaching myself how to tie fancy bows (there are a ton of web tutorials); I am upping my craft supply purchases in preparation; I have ordered a set of alphabet stamps all so I can become one with my inner crafting self and do stuff like this:















About my mantle though? I have no idea what I want to do. I just know it will have to "coordinate"

I’m not going to even ask have y’all been thinking about Christmas because, save for one or two other people, no one has this Christmas decorating sickness but me. *smh*


All pictures from various www.Pinterest.com Boards...I'm addicted. If you want an invite leave a comment!

4 comments:

MsFeistyMan said...

Damn your going all out! And its only September hehe.

Your daughter will definitely look back and remember Christmases as a great time when she's older.

Tarsha! said...

MFM - Christmas is my crack! Lol

Ninah said...

I'm sooo going to try those NOEL letters!!! That's such a cute idea...and I think I already have letters. I LOVE the huge hanging ornaments too. You'll have to let me know how those turn out. I can't decorate for Autumn so I'm just gearing up for Christmas...can! not! wait!

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

I L-O-V-E Christmas music! But, I'm not ready for the cold the accompanies it, brrr! lol