Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yogurt Marinated Chicken


Skinless chicken thighs are so full of awesome flavor with this easy marinade.  I keep saying, marinades are your friend for weeknight meals! I even think the marinade would be fantastic run through a blender and used a salad dressing. It is that tasty.


The same reason I love cooking with chicken thighs is the same reason I hate cooking with them, all that fat...but it cooks down and adds greatness to whatever you are cooking.  I remove the skin and trim most of the fat off to make my waist line feel better.

I like char on my roasted chicken so I placed the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes. Oh, notice there is no salt in this recipe and you really don't miss it. 

Yogurt Marinated Chicken
adapted from: http://www.livinglou.com/2010/07/lous-authentic-chicken-thighs.html


What you need:

4-6 skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup plain yogurt
Juice from one small lemon
1 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
1/2 tsp honey
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
Half green onion, diced
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
Freshly cracked pepper to taste


What to do:

Poke several holes into the thighs and set aside
Whisk together the remaining ingredients, check for flavor
Place chicken in a large freezer bag and pour marinade over the chicken
Marinate the poultry for at least 30 minutes (I marinate mine overnight or up to two days)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade
Place in a baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes or until juices run clear
Be sure to let your chicken rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into it



My formatting is killing me softly right now...Apologies

2 comments:

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

I love me some chicken thighs. I am dark meat all DAY.LONG.

Tarsha! said...

So am I except I love a fried wang!