Monday, November 15, 2010

Kevin's Chicken Rhodini



So my BIL didn't actually cook this or even suggest that my sister prepare it.  He tasted it after she made it and named it...LOL.  He's special!  You can buzz on over to her site to find the basic technique and recipe NinahBee just scroll down to Monday!



















These sauteed vegetables were so good I could have totally eaten them alone with a sprinkle of cheese.  It even gave me an idea for a grilled vegetable salad.

Chicken breasts pounded thin cook faster and usually you can get two filets out of one chicken breast.


My rolls of meat weren't as pretty as my sister's but they were delicious. LOL.  This was a great empty out the fridge recipe.  I filled my roulades with leftover caramelized onions, leftover roasted carrots, spinach, mushrooms and cheese.  The flour was seasoned with parsley flakes and paprika.


Coat the stuffed and rolled chicken breasts lightly in the seasoned flour. Sear just to add color then finish in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.


They were very juicy and tasty.  The kid gobbled them right on up!  This was not quite the weeknight winner recipe I wanted because there are mutiple steps and rolling and pinning the chicken could be a challenge.  HOWEVER, it was bangin and the filling possibilities are endless! For sure will make this again! Thanks NinahBee!!!!

Cook.Eat.Repeat.

4 comments:

Sha Boogie said...

O.M.G.. that looks slammin'! I've been dreaming of making some kind of stuffed chicken something for months, those pics might make me stop dragging my feet about it!

Tarsha R said...

Sha Boogie - It was actually not difficult to prep but for a weeknight meal it isn't quick but it was sooooo good!

Did I already welcome you??? If not please pardon my rudeness...welcome and thank you for posting! I have checked out yoru site but I havent posted YET because I usually read from work.

K. Rock said...

This looks stoopid!!! (I totally mean that in a good way.) I am definitely gonna try it. But like you mentioned, I wonder how long it would take on a weeknight. I will probably skip the frying part to save time but I am sure they wouldn't be AS good.

D C Cain said...

I've made this two times since seeing the recipe (used cheese, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms as filling). My family LOVES it. I mean wow... this is great!