Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Non-Food Post - Believing the Fairytale

I LOVE love! That's no secret. Even when I am not in love I LOVE love. I love the process of falling in love. Falling in love with someone who is falling in love with is the best feeling.


I think going to my sister's wedding has me nostalgic and "thinky." I can think of few couples, married or otherwise, that are more perfect for one another than BIL (brother in law) and my sister! They are truly "love personified." They deserve the love that they have for each other. I am really thankful that I was able to experience their nuptials and be a part of their beautiful wedding. Y'all know I cried like a baby right??? Whoever said that love and marriage were old fashioned and that the younger generation (they are 27 and 28) doesn't believe in commitment and marriage and building families and lives together are wrong wrong wrong!

The young people that were at the wedding were either married or engaged and couldn't wait to become wives and husbands. I mean there were a lot of great guys there that weren't even in relationships yet that were talking about how they were looking forward to "their wedding day". Men were saying this! For some reason that blew my mind. There are a lot of great men and women out there that take marriage and vows seriously. It was wonderful to see that some man or woman hadn't ruined them or jaded them. I pray that it doesn't happen. Man, love is just fantastic!

While I was at the wedding I was also reflecting on how I am not jaded or bitter about falling in and out of love, being in unhealthy relationships, etc. I still completely believe in the fairytale. I remember talking to Kimberly about still believing in the fairytale. She is living her fairytale, my sister is living her fairytale, a new friend of mine, Tiffany will be living her fairytale soon...that is refreshing and keeps me hopeful! I am very happy to be able to experience other people falling in love, being committed to their partners and just dealing with the issues that come up in marriages and relationships. It keeps me hopeful.

I'm not stupid but I'm not bitter either. I totally believe that the love of my life is out there. I totally see he and I falling in love, I see it being fantastically awesome, I see him adoring me and Babe, I see our families loving one another, I see my girlfriends giving me a bachelorette party for the books (showing up and showing clean out...I'm a party girl at heart!), I see a beautiful wedding...I see those things in my future. Now I don't know if that will be a year from now or ten years from now but I believe wholeheartedly that it will happen for ME.


Whatever fairytale you have envisioned for yourself, stay strong. Yes, I know it is difficult. Yes, I know that you want love right now and you are tired of waiting but don't settle. Witnessing what I saw this weekend and witnessing the love that was in that room it is soooo worth waiting for. Be encouraged. Don't settle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smooches!

MrsSaditty said...

Because you are so open to the idea, it WILL happen.