Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Food Randoms


That picture up there? Me growing squash...from seeds!!! FTW!!

We eat enough spinach such that I want to attempt that next...baby steps!

E's BIL is going to build me a raised garden bed! His requested payment? His own pot of Jambalaya. LOL

I miss updating more often but I am busy with school for the next five weeks *head. desk.

I have some awesome opportunities on the horizon, will share later maybe

I love how things work out when you are walking hand in hand with God down HIS path for you

My web designer must be the Patron Saint of Patience!  I am sure every time she gets an email from me she shakes her fist at the screen! LOL...love you Nic!

I love bacon

To eliminate some of the sodium on bacon, I rinse it before cooking

I always have boiled eggs in the fridge; healthy snack option...I'm country so I eat mine with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and cayenne

Am I the only one stockpiling "scrimps" and other seafood just in case?

I typically buy fresh seasonal fruits and freeze them.  They are cheap when they are in season so I stock up. Same with vegetables.

A salad spinner is your friend when drying leafy vegetables; I even use it for drying other vegetables before freezing

Pitting cherries is the pits! Get it...LOL!  Babe and I pitted about two pounds last weekend.  We made mango cherry smoothies, ate some while pitting and froze the rest.

Fresh cherries are expensive hell!!!

I made a white wine foiled baked salmon last week...*faint*
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love your blog! You take great photos and have some yummy recipes. I am going to be trying a few of these!

xo,
Sara
www.travelsinheels.blogspot.com