Monday, August 22, 2011

Curry Roasted Wings


So Babe and her Dad had a come to Jesus talk with me a few weeks ago. They ever so gently (snort) told me that I am wasting my talents serving them the same rotation of meals every week O_o See how they gang up on me???

 
Well to that end, I was on the hunt for "new and exciting" dishes to serve the troops. So for the next couple of weeks I will be cooking that "new, new ish"

 
Today I made these wings! Bay-bey!!!!! These wings right here were all of THAT and easy to prep to boot.  You can use any curry powder you choose. I used a generic McCor.mick brand and a bit of garam marsala. I completely eliminated the salt (of course) because it truly did not need it. The melted apple jelly set this wings off. There was nothing but lip smacking and finger licking at the table. Um, yes we did have Southern fried okra with this Indian style dish! LOL


 
Curry Roasted Wings
Adapted from Cuisine at Home, Issue 57 June 2008

 
What you need:
  • 1/8 cup of your favorite curry powder
  • 1/8 cup garam marsala
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 16 chicken wing pieces
  • 1/4 cup oil (you need enough oil to evenly coat the wings)
  • 1/2 - 1 cup apple jelly

What to do:
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees
  • Combine the curry powder, garam marsala, pepper flakes and pepper in a resealable plastic bag; reserve 1 Tbs of mixture
  • In a medium bowl add the chicken and the oil; using your hands evenly coat the chicken
  • Add the chicken, seal the bag and shake to coat
  • On a baking sheet place the wings in a single layer and roast for 30 minutes or until cooked through
  • In a medium skillet add the reserved spice mix along with the apple jelly; warm just enough to melt the jelly. Place the cooked chicken in the apple jelly mixture and gently stir to coat

7 comments:

Arr said...

This looks delicious. I love curry and I love wings, therefore this could easily be my fav!

Tarsha! said...

Dr. It is so easy to prep too!

K. Rock said...

OK so this is very interesting. Jelly? I may have to give this a try.

Anonymous said...

Yum yum yum!! These sound great! Printing now for my recipe book!

Tarsha R said...

KRock- yes ma'am jelly:-)

chele said...

These wings are making my mouth water.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

As a connoisseur of wing eating this post made my day!! I will be making these as soon as I get the ingredients!! YUM!! Yummy! YUM!!